RAD.js Version 2.0 – our refined free toolkit that expands the capabilities of cross-platform developers. It’s a tool that helps meet one of the greatest demands of software owners: creating an app that works on all platforms and has the required performance and usability to ensure high user satisfaction.
Yet the goal is an app that solves certain business problems. What’s the multiplatform good at?
Various PR-related and branded apps with non-standard user interfaces, presenting products and services to customers. Apps that contain lots of various content (image, audio, video), possibly mass media apps, or industry-specific ones (such as tourism-related). Online shops, where the server side takes over heavy data processing and calculations. The same goes for blogs, forums, and portals. Actually, listing everything would take too long; suffice it to say that our specialists are always ready to take a look and say whether a project can reach its all-time high with multiplatform development.
So what’s new inside the toolkit?
- The toolkit now consists of modules which utilize CommonJS interface.
- The core was rewritten and optimized. Our goal was to elaborate the independence of each module, so that it could be used separately, without the framework part. Visual and logical components are separated as well.
- We added command line interface (CLI).
- We reworked basic view classes for popups, eliminated the necessity of using special classes. The standard view can be shown as a dialogue containing embedded views.
- We rewrote transition animations for better performance on low-end devices and older OS versions; for example, we covered the whole Android OS up to version 2.0. We added several new animation types as well.
- We renamed crossbrowser events, according to the specification.
- We changed and restyled examples.
- Several minor bugs were encountered and eliminated.
Our further plans include adding infinite scroll, drag-n-drop, and a tutorial. And of course, we’ll keep on putting it all to practice and build world-class software solutions for our Clients.